I hereby agree to let Tom Sokolowski know immediately of any new medical diagnoses I receive and of any new medications I will take.
I hereby agree to let my General Practitioner or medical specialist know about the nutritional supplements and herbs I am taking before being prescribed any medication or given any surgical treatment.
I hereby agree to not take any nutritional or herbal supplements additional to Tom’s treatment protocol for the length of time that I am his client without consulting with him on the matter (this may be by e-mail).
I also agree to let Tom Sokolowski know if I am pregnant or seeking to become pregnant. (women)
I understand that Tom will notify me of any ‘red flag’ symptoms I may have that would require me to inform my general practitioner before Tom can continue to work with me.
Tom Sokolowski also has my full permission to contact my General Practitioner.
I am aware that when Tom gives dietary advice and recommends supplements unless he tells me otherwise these recommendations are intended to be followed for a finite period of time until my subsequent consultation. I understand that certain recommendations may be dangerous to follow indefinitely. Therefore for my own safety I will not follow the advice long term unless I have booked a final consultation with Tom to outline a long-term diet and supplement regimen. If I decide to stop working with Tom and do not book a final consultation Tom cannot be held responsible if I continue to follow advice that was not meant for the long term.
COMPUTER/SOFTWARE ACCESS AND COMPUTER LITERACY
I have access to a computer and will send questionnaires and diet diaries by e-mail in fillable pdf format. This may involve downloading the latest version of Adobe Reader. I will not print and scan the questionnaires. If this is not possible I accept that Tom will fill in the form for me during consultation time and this will reduce the time to go more in depth in my first consultation and possibly the second consultation.
E-MAIL AND TELEPHONE SUPPORT AND QUESTIONS I MAY HAVE
I understand that I can take up to a maximum of 30 minutes of Tom’s e-mail time in between consultations (Gold service, London & Skype clients only) and that this time includes the time Tom would need to consult his notes. I understand that this support is only available when I have a consultation booked with Tom for some future date and is not available for Silver service clients. If I am a Silver service client I will make complete notes in the consultation and will consider all possible complications or challenges to my adhering to the plan (such as travel plans & needing to take things more slowly) and I will communicate these in the consultation so that Tom can adjust the nutritional advice. I understand Tom will not adjust the nutritional advice in between consultations.
I understand that the purpose of these e-mails is to guide me when I am not clear about how to proceed with Tom’s advice or when unforeseeable challenges arise, for example if the recommended supplements are out of stock or if lab test kits do not arrive in time or if there are any other issues with the test kits.
In between consultations:
1. I will not ask Tom about any new supplements or food products such as protein and anti oxidant powders. Instead I will bring information about the supplements I would like Tom to consider to my next consultation including a complete list of ingredients.
2. I will not ask Tom to comment on any other approaches to supporting my health. If I would like Tom to consider alternative evidence concerning my health condition I will e-mail him a website link on the day of my consultation and bring his attention to it at the beginning of the consultation. I understand Tom may then find time to look at it during the consultation or before my subsequent consultation and may give me his response during a consultation and not by e-mail. I understand Tom may not have time to look at the research I suggest as he is always selecting from multiple sources of information to do his research and ongoing study. I understand he will often quickly discard information that does not include references to scientific peer-reviewed research but that does depend on the author.
3. I will not send Tom information about progress or any other developments that do not require an immediate response. Instead I will make notes and let him know at my next consultation.
4. I will not ask Tom about the Working Hypothesis section of my nutrition plan (Gold service, London & Skype clients) or about theoretical aspects of the nutritional therapy support (all clients). Instead I will make a note of these questions to ask Tom at my next consultation.
5. I will not contact Tom to ask for clarification or explanation of lab test results. These will be covered at your my consultation.
I will e-mail Tom (all clients: London, Skype, Gold service and Silver service):
I will let Tom know at the beginning of the consultation if have some questions so that Tom can set aside some time for them.
I understand that information about consultation dates, times and places are sent in a standard semi-automated e-mail which is designed to be kept for my reference until the day of my consultation.
I endeavour to raise any challenges in adhering to the nutrition plan during the consultation and to raise any difficulties I may have in completing any lab tests in the time frame specified during the consultation. These include travel plans and if I feel the plan is unrealistic for me and needs to be scaled down. I will bring a diary (paper or on a device) to every consultation to make sure I can check the time frame for completing any lab tests and finishing any protocols is realistic.
I also agree not to telephone Tom in between consultations except in emergency situations or if he has asked me to.
I understand that Tom offers 30 minute coaching telephone calls at additional cost (if not included as part of a package) and that these are intended for support in adhering to the nutrition plan from a psychological or spiritual perspective rather than for any technical questions about the nutrition plan itself.
BOOKING AND CANCELLATION FEES
I will make full payment for a consultation by bank transfer two weeks in advance. If I am buying a package I will make payment for the whole package two weeks in advance of the first consultation of the package. I understand that Tom does not accept cheques.
I understand that a 50% refund will be offered for cancellation of a consultation at less than 2 weeks notice or no refund with less than 72 hours notice. A postponement is viewed as a cancellation so that I would receive a refund as specified for the cancellation and then I would need to pay the full fee to book the consultation for a new date.
Any exceptions to the above are at Tom’s discretion.
I understand that when Tom is not with clients he is busy working on cases, interpreting test results, researching, furthering his knowledge, writing blog posts, making videos, arranging talks or other events or spending time with family and friends.
I understand that the above conditions ensure my safety and allow Tom to manage his time and work effectively in the service of all of his clients as well as his own work-life balance.